On Monday, 03/30/2020 at 12:32 GMT, Berthold Gunreben <azo...@gunreben.tk>
wrote:
> I have used smsgiucv before, but that is not for communication to *MSG.
> This is more about messages between two linux guests.

smsgiucv uses *MSG plus CP SET SMSG IUCV so that incoming SMSGs are sent
to *MSG.

> However, what I need here would be to connect to *MSG in order to make
> commands available like e.g.:
>
> vmcp send linux001 detach 100
>
> or in other words, to send commands to machines that run CMS.

It doesn't matter if the target runs CMS or Linux.   The output that comes
to your virtual machine when the target writes to its console will be via
class 8 (SCIF) messages.  If you use the CP FOR command instead (for CP
commands), then the output is from YOUR virtual machine and will appear as
class 3 (you must CP SET CPCONIO IUCV).

Every line in the output will be a separate IUCV message.  Your
application must decide how long to wait before deciding that it has reach
end of command, then sever the connection to *MSG, and reset the CPCONIO
state, if needed.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM Systems Lab Services
IBM Z Delivery Practice
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323