Yea, I don't have a pidfile and it all seems to keep track of which processes.
I used Type=forking

On 8/19/20, 11:03 AM, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Mark Post"
<LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of mp...@suse.com> wrote:

    On 8/18/20 10:47 PM, Grzegorz Powiedziuk wrote:
    > Do you specify the pidfile and does the wrapper
    > script update pidfile? Without it, systemd probably is not able to figure
    > out if service is running or not and probably would make stopping the
    > service  with systemctl command difficult.

    That should happen automatically within systemd. I would say try without
    doing that yourselves, and see if the appropriate pid file shows up
    somewhere under /run. If it doesn't show up, then you'll need to write
    something yourselves.

    send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit
    http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390