On 1/7/21 4:41 AM, Bill Head wrote:
On RHEL 8.2 I'm having a problem with cio_ignore.  I can remove devices from
the blacklist but when I reboot they are exluded again:

cio_ignore -L
Devices that are not ignored:
=============================
0.0.0009
0.0.0150
0.0.0300-0.0.0301
0.0.0700-0.0.0702
0.0.1000-0.0.1002
0.0.2000-0.0.2002

After the reboot:

cio_ignore -L
Devices that are not ignored:
=============================
0.0.0009
0.0.0150
0.0.0300-0.0.0301
0.0.0700-0.0.0702

It's ignoring 1000-1002, and 2000-2002.

cio_ignore settings are supposed to survive a boot, correct?

[snip]

That's not the case. Upon reboot, the kernel command line determines the
devices seen by the operating system. In a next step the configured
devices are been freed from the ignore list. In your example the console
(0009), the boot disk (0150) and two QETH devices (0300-0302, 0700-0702)
are removed from the ignore list. If you want 1000-1002 and 2000-2002 to
be persistently available you should configure them, e.g. using chzdev(8).

--
Kind Regards,
   Viktor

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390