Hi Larry,

On 4/8/21 6:11 PM, Davis, Larry (National VM Capability) wrote:
We are seeing an Issue when Using Hipersockets connected to a DB2 system on z/OS

When we perform a VMRELOCATE (LGR) to another member in the complex we lose the
HS device and it goes offline
The Relocate works fine the HS devices have the same EQID and we see the
devices attached on the receiving system
OSA 3A00 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A0 BY LXCGG01D
OSA 3A01 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A1 BY LXCGG01D
OSA 3A02 ATTACHED TO LXCGG01D 08A2 BY LXCGG01D

Then we need to perform
cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0
cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0
cio_ignore -r 0.0.08A0

I assume this is a typo and should be A0, A1 and A2, right?

Then we have to restart the network devices

For some reason during the LGR and/or reboot the devices are getting varied off
and/or disabled.

This is really a shot in the dark, but: Could it be a case where the device number from source and target system are different, and you have the target system's device IDs on the cio ignore list prior to the migration? I.e. what happens in case you run the cio_ignore commands prior to an LGM?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Raspl

Linux on Z
IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-2177
E-Mail: stefan.ra...@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390