We have multiple Linux guests of various distributions and levels. I am
currently working with a RHEL 7.4 guest. We are trying to get the guests to
be able to use both IPv4 and IPv6 on the same interface. When the guest
comes up or I use ifup to start the interface, I can use the VM CP QUERY
VSWITCH command to see that the guest has started the interface and
registered the IPv4 address. However, the IPv6 address does not get
registered until some IPv6 traffic has been passed to the guest. I can
force this using either a ping from outside or a ping from the guest to
something outside the guest - even another guest on the same VSWITCH.

Is there some way to cause the IPv6 to automatically get registered so that
it can be verified immediately after the guest is restarted?

Thanks,
Rick Barlow
Velocity Software, Inc

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390