One feature I miss when using the 3215 or 3270 console is tab completion.

Obviously it can’t work the same way as with an xterm type device, but in
the case of 3270 support could we have it use a PF key to simulate pressing
tab and wanting tab completion to kick in? (Just as PF3 switches views, PF6
could have specific a purpose too. )I imagine it working something like…
when processing the PF6 AID key, it parses the input as if “enter” were
pressed, then append a tab character to that string, then click the newly
modified string makes its way to the application.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390