From: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Berry van
Sleeuwen
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2024 7:19 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [DKIM] SUSE 11 guest under z16

CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL: DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown
senders or unexpected emails.

Hi Victor,

We have a couple of SLES11 SP4 and a SLES11 SP3 on z16. In fact, when we moved
to our z13 some years ago we did see a SLES10 SP4 fail (migrated to SLES11 SP4)
but we still have a few SLES10 SP2 machines that haven't migrated into a newer
version yet.

Indeed it might be a problem when the customer doesn't want to migrate, but I
think you realy should point out the risk to them. Apart from out-of-service
(no security updates), any hardware migration might render the machine
inoperable. Back with that SLES10 SP4 we had to save/rebuild the server into
SLES11 and that took a week to get it running again (luckely we did manage to
rescue the data). Your gun, your foot, but I rather have someone else shoot
their own foot.

Regards, Berry.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390