On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Thor Harald Johansen wrote:
> > : I had a friend who used a DOS based graphical desktop publishing program
> > : on his 8088 with a hercules graphics card, 640KB of RAM, and a 20MB hard
> > : disk, and it was snappier than MS Word on a Pentium.
> Let me guess. It was for GEM desktop! ;)

No, it was a standalone application running on DOS. I can't remember what
it was called, but it was pretty usable. The only real problem with it was
that it worked with fairly low resolution bitmaps instead of vectors, so
anything you printed out looked a bit naff.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :