On Thursday, July 29, 1999 11:16 AM, David Murn [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
: On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Perry Harrington wrote:
:
: > I brought up a thread a long time ago on this, Borland wasn't interested
: > then, but they just released Turbo C for free.
:
: Source, or just free binaries?  If it's only binaries it's not much use to
: us.
:
: > This means we can use it for compiling in the ELKS project.
:
: You mean 'cross-compiling' (if it's not source).
:
        No source code, binaries only for DOS.  We can't use it to compile ELKS
on Linux, but it's possible that it could be used on DOS.  Rob's dev86 would
be the first thing to get going...  He already has the devkit compiling using MSC 5.1.

Greg