: > I have spent considerable effort trying to make sure that the
Microwindows
: > system will run on 16 bit systems, and it should continue to do so,
: > although currently the application must be bound with the server
: > since we lack UNIX sockets.  This limits the application size.
: >
:
: Could you please explain what you mean by the above statement?
(bound?...UNIX sockets?) Thank you.

In the current implementation, we allow Nano-X clients (otherwise
known as graphics applications) to run as separate, normal
UNIX/ELKS programs.  They perform a network connection
to another program, known as the graphics server (X server,
Nano-X server, etc).  When the connection is on a local
machine, a fast limited form known as UNIX sockets can be
used for the network connection.  If the operating system
doesn't support networking (like ELKS), then we also allow
the graphics application to be linked with the server directly,
and execute a single program.

Regards,

Greg