>      Anyone know if I can a get a UNIX-like OS on my PSION 5, does it
>      require a flash card for extra storage space?  (8meg...)

Linux is running on the 5 but not 5MX. You want a flash card for it. You also
want to think what your intended use is - the speed on those kind of devices
is not going to lend itself to compiling for example.

>      or, is there a palmtop I can invest in that is beter for UNIX??

I ended up with a small PC. The old IBM PC110 was the smallest but as its 486
era it outlived its usefulness. I now have a palmax which is a bit bigger but
just about fits in a coat pocket. Others like the old Librettos