On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 16:44 -0500, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
[snip]
> Can someone point me to the code that determines the voltage / amperage
> pairings for CPUs in power saving mode? Is this handled by the ACPI bios
> (bios function call), or does the kernel directly affect the power setting?
>
> I'd like to take a look and see what's going on.

I can't recall where in the code this is, but it is the bios which
provides the voltage/frequency pairings. The speed-step drivers for
older processors actually have them hard-coded as a table.

If you're not seeing the highest frequency - I don't know what the
problem is. Mine re-appeared after the rmmod psmouse trick I posted
earlier. The CPU specs are in a separate SSDT on my laptop, which only
shows up when the appropriate bios setting for speedstep is ticked, and
the bios is "happy" (psmouse removed before shutdown).

Peter C.

-