Hi Luming,

This module was build into the kernel. After make it a module and making
sure it's not loaded, I still see the problem. Here is a more detailed
problem:

If I leave ACPI to manage the system, thermal zone TZ4 stays around 80
C. The moment I turn on fan C318, this zone *shoots* up to 100 C and
stays there, no matter what. This fan I can't turn off again.

Here is a cat of fans, thermal_zone status and temp.

status:                  on
status:                  off
status:                  on
status:                  on
status:                  on
status:                  on
status:                  on
state:                   active[2]
state:                   ok
state:                   ok
state:                   ok
state:                   ok
temperature:             65 C
temperature:             61 C
temperature:             54 C
temperature:             30 C
temperature:             100 C

This was taken during the compile of gcc. While not doing anything, the
second zone drops to 54 C (currently at 61)

Thanks for the time,

Pieter