Thomas Renninger wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:17 -0500, Len Brown wrote:
[skipped]
Those tables have the same OEM id then the original ones, right?
Tables with the same OEM id (the original ones) should get ignored later
automatically. IIRC I had some problems with dynamically loaded tables,
don't know anymore, they are not that often used and theoretically it
should just work for them also.
Comparing SSDT by their OEM ID is proved to not work. Right now,
code checks the whole length of the table to be the same, and only then
does not load it. It is not the case with any of modified tables, so
original tables will be tried to load as well.
I haven't tried too much here, but SSDTs are used more and more often (I
saw a machine with 12 SSDTs, especially on IA64 there might be dozens in
the future). We should think about the problem now, before we have bugs
and need to write down half a book how the reporter finally could
provide some useful information.

Have I overseen something?

    Thomas

-