From: STATIC66 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:44:08 GMT

On 26 Aug 2000 18:45:12 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perry Pip) wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:33:35 -0400,
>Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Hell, in some inner cities, cash-strapped parents are paying TWICE
>>for education..once through property taxes, and AGAIN to put the kid
>>into a local catholic school so that the kid will actually be taught
>>the essentials.
>>

>Essentials in a cathodic school?? Exactly what essentials are these
>kids learning in cathodic school? That the Bible is the law not the
>Constitution?? That the pope is infallable(tm)?? That the rhythm
>method is the best for birth control?? That some guy from 2000 years
>ago who got his ass executed for not being able to control his mouth
>is going to come back from the dead to solve all your problems if you
>just blindly believe in him and the acknowledge the church as his
>infallable(tm) authority?? Or are the kids simply learning how to
>properly let the preist fondle them, something the infallable(tm)
>church knew was going on for years and did nothing about it.
>
>And you want my taxes to pay for vouchers for that shit? No way.

Its nice when you make it easy for me..you don't like parochial
schools (not all private schools are catholic BTW) And I don't like
public schools, Hmmm seems vouchers are the answer to this problem.

I mean we want "FAIR" government right?? how is it fair if my belief
is compromised for yours??

Isn't it a bitch when your own logic is your worst enemy??

I won't even bother with your idiotic religion bashing...

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:52:59 -0400
From: Glitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Insight

www.rinkworks.com/stuipd

this will help show how stupid people are and no matter what OS they are
using they will always be stupid. Since they don't know any better and
we in here do we should promote Linux as we all know it runs better than
Windows. Users still may not know what it is but at least the computer
will run better.

------------------------------

From: Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Because programmers hate users (Re: Why are Linux UIs so crappy?)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:56:16 GMT

Matthias Warkus wrote:
> There's a place in the world for the angry young man
> With his working-class ties and his radical plans

Communist? Oh, the horror! :-)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:49:35 -0400

STATIC66 wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:40:52 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (david
> raoul derbes) wrote:

> >>You make it sound so easy.
> >>
> >>If you truly understand this to be true, you can describe,
> >>in simple English, the simple accounting to make this happen.
> >
> >I believe that a little research will reveal those lucky Americans who
> >have a net wealth of several tens of millions who paid no tax, none,
> >last year. How they did it I don't know; I am neither an accountant
> >nor an attorney. People who are in a position to know (Cokie Roberts
> >on ABC's "Sunday Morning" and Nina Totenberg on NPR) have said over
> >the years that there are such people (not a hell of a lot, under
> >a thousand), and I believe them.
> >
> 1. "Lucky" americans huh?? What kind of mush is in your head ??
> Couldn't possibly be that someone in their family *WORKED* very hard
> to build their wealth. And it is somehow bad that they are trying to
> hold onto as much of it as they can for future generations of their
> families??  I don't think so. Hell It doesn't matter if they want to
> burn it ALL, it belongs to them...Taking it from them and giving it to
> someone who hasn't earned it isn't the answer. The FACT is we are
> terribly over taxed.
>
> 2. If you base your facts on those SPOONFED to you by Cokie Roberts,
> you are a FOOL.
>
> 3. Nader.. now theres a solution HA! Just what we don't need, the
> enviro-nazi green party in power (guess you like being a slave to opec
> and paying these insane fuel prices.)  ..The planet was here before
> us, it will be here after us. It always wins, all you enviro-nazi's
> are really pretentious to think that we humans are going to destroy
> this planet. your vision is really small...

Considering how many comets and asteroids have smacked into the earth...
they think that HUMAN activity is going to have even close to the same
impact?

HAH!

> >Try Nader's web site, or Google.
> >
> >David Derbes [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >

> >>C//

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Tymmm, wee orl mizs ewe!
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:51:10 -0400

Jacques Guy wrote:

> And especially your spelling checker.
> But, honestly, isn't this NG a bit dull
> without good old Tim Palmer's attempts
> at fixing  English spelling? I also
> miss Drestin Black peddling his ladylove's
> twat-and-twerp. Like Tim would say:
> "Lie-nux sucks while Windows drools"
> (sorry, Drestin, I claim copyright on
> this one, you can't use it. Matter of
> fact, I am signing off to drive to the
> copyright-registration shop next door.
> You know, the one where you registered all the
> software you wrote?)

Oh.......softWARE...drestin meant softPORN...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Richardson)
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Malloy digest, volume 2451800
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:46:27 -0700

On 24 Sep 2000 05:30:14 GMT,
 Donovan Rebbechi, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 brought forth the following words...:

>Yeah, he's in my killfile. I'm just hazarding an educated guess about
>the content of the debate.

The only time I see tholen et al, is when someone not in my limited killfile
quotes them... :)

>       A "Tholen-war" is an argument that so severely degresses along
>       did/didn't/did too lines that neither party recalls what the discussion
>       was about, and the did/didn't/did too makes up the bulk of the debate.
>
>       A flame war is characterised by it's ferocity, whereas a "Tholen-war"
>       is characterised by its triviality and silliness.
>
>--
>Donovan

I'll second the motion for that definition.

--
Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Richardson)
Subject: Re: Never tell me again that Windows is easy to install!!!  It's a lie!
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:54:09 -0700

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:05:29 -0500,
 Erik Funkenbusch, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 brought forth the following words...:

>"Tim Kelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Almost no one complains about linux being hard to install, not
>> even the schizo steve-heather-keys88 guy that posts here.  Even
>> he thinks linux is easy to install.  Most Linux distros also take
>> less time to install, and is set up so that you fill out all the
>> info first, then go about whatever else you wanted to do (with
>> windows you need to sit at attention during the entire install
>> process).
>
>Linux *IS* difficult to set up if you have anything that's unsupported, just
>like Windows.

However, unlike windows, Linux won't reconfigure the stuff behind your
back and not tell you what it did. :)

>> Consider:  a full RH6.2 install takes about 20 minutes, and that
>> is about half the time it takes to install Win98 and yet is about
>> five times as much software.
>
>Apples to oranges.  Windows must detect all it's hardware, Linux is free to
>only detect what it wants to.  Windows supports thousands more devices than
>Linux does, and probes must be done for each of them.  This takes much
>longer.

Apples to Oranges yes, since Linux is available for dozens more architectures
that windows is. Even if you include the WinCE stuff. (Never was a product more
aptly named...)

>> Windows is NOT easy to install.  Windows installers (from 95 to
>> NT) have always been poorly written, klunky, futzy and weird.
>
>Please justify this statement with *SOME* kind of evidence.  Even if it's
>just anectdotal.

Take two new bare machines, with well supported (by both OSs), and install a
copy of Linux, and one of Windows9X (generic, not some custom built "rescue"
disk) and get back to me. I have done this. Granted, I am a lot more familiar
with Linux that Windows, but the linux install was a piece of cake, the windows
install was long, frustrating and reboot city.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Richardson)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy
Subject: Re: Space Shuttle uses Windows software almost exclusively
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:05:12 -0700

On 24 Sep 2000 14:29:56 GMT,
 Andres Soolo, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 brought forth the following words...:

>In comp.os.linux.advocacy Bob Germer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> Are you an idiot? Are you a silly troll who can do nothing but start
>>> flamewars? Do you have to hide your stupid drivel by asking questions?
>>> When it turns out you're flat wrong, do you have to cover your butt my
>>> pointing out that you were only asking questions? Are your posts even
>>> worth reading?
>> Mine are. Yours are not. PLONK You just hit the killfile here and for all
>> those I feed.
>So you have to censor ideas that contradict with yours from your
>relatives?
>
>What does that say about your estimation of their intelligence?
>Or your self-esteem? :-)

Censorship is if he tries to stop you posting, not if he stops listening.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Richardson)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:06:16 -0700

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:51:37 GMT,
 STATIC66, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 brought forth the following words...:

>On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:45:48 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andrew J.
>Brehm) wrote:
>
>>Donavon Pfeiffer Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>   One way is the method Ted Kennedy uses: the blind trust. Another way to
>>> reduce your taxes is charitable contributions. If someone wants to argue
>>> that Bill Gates should have given 22 billion dollars to the Government
>>> rather than a charitable trust that actually gets results they should take
>>> the argument elswhere.
>>
>>Can you provide statistics that show that charitable trusts provide
>>better results than government spending welfare money?
>>
>>> These same news sources repeat the Democrat's mantra that getting rid of
>>> inheritance taxes is "a tax break for the rich". I'm sure that the family
>>> farms that are unable to break even because the people running them
>>> inherited a huge tax bill that they will spend their lives trying to pay
>>> off will disagree.
>>
>>I don't know how inheritance tax is implemented in the US, but to me it
>>seems unlikely that a family farm would be bothered with it. Where I
>>live inheritance tax starts way above the level where it could trouble
>>farmers.
>
>So to hell with the other families that earned their wealth?? their
>future generations count less?? we are entitled to their money
>because...

Add to that, any farm with some land and a 15 y.o tractor, a house and some
livestock, has a paper value in excess of $500K. Not that it would sell for
that mind you, but that's what the thieves in govt will value it at for tax
purposes.

>>> The fact is both sides are full of it. You want real progress and change
>>> vote Libertarian.
>>
>>Oh yes, _change_ you will get. This is the sort of change that, if you
>>propose it, will get you less than 1% of the popular vote.

And still gets the attention of the two headed beast of republicrat. Or do you
think it was one of the democans who started talking about privatizing SSI, or
a flat tax or sales tax instead of the graduated income tax?

>>> One other thing, if you want to see what American government run health
>>> care looks like, visit a VA hospital.
>>
>>If you want to see what government run health care looks like look at
>>some statistics. You will see that for example Germans pay less than
>>Americans (in percent of GDP) for health care, and interestingly enough
>>everybody is covered by the system too.

America has the worst of both worlds, massive govt meddling, and restrictions
on who can compete, and requirements that drive the costs up. Plus meddling by
the ins companies, politically and otherwise, to eliminate competition.

From: "Colin R. Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 18:00:48 -0400

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> Property is not some kind of God-given right. Like all your other
> rights, it is a limited right granted to you by the constitution of
> the state.

In what sense are rights given to one by the government? In the sense
that government can refrain from siezing it?

Colin Day

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:08:03 GMT

Actually Billy Joel...