On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:
> Yes it does.  Check the kernel configuration scripts.  It supports about 8
> PC cards and one kernel software-based watchdog.

There is also support for the watchdog timer built into the 21285
footbridge, and the W83977AF chip used in the NetWinder.

Note that the watchdog timer drivers need a user space daemon which opens
/dev/watchdog and writes to it on a regular basis (so if the system
crashes, the daemon will stop writing to the device and the watchdog will
time out and reset). There are several of these available; I think you can
find one on ftp.netwinder.org somewhere.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
++        Please use [EMAIL PROTECTED] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++