So it's the last equinox'16...
And the last of the Qstuff* End of Summer'16 release parties .
Qtractor 0.7.9 (snobbier graviton) is now released!
* Audio/MIDI metronome anticipatory offset (NEW)
* Current clip highlighting (NEW)
* SFZ sample file archive/zip bundling (NEW)
* MIDI transpose Reverse tool (NEW)
* MIDI (N)RPN running status and NULL support (NEW)
* MIDI Controllers catch-up algorithm (FIX)
* MIDI track Instrument menu (FIX)
* JACK shutdown and buffer-size changes (FIX)
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package:
- binary packages:
Wiki (help wanted!):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
And the boring complete change-log follows:
- JACK buffer-size change handling has been deeply improved, now doing
an immediate session restart, while preserving all external connections
as much as possible.
- Introducing an audio and MIDI metronome anticipatory offset, kind of
latency compensation, to respective option settings cf.
View/Options.../Audio, MIDI/Metronome/Offset (latency).
- Fixed LADSPA plug-in preset switching, incidentally broken as NOP,
ever since late Haziest Photon's crash-landed.
- MIDI Track/Instrument cascading menus have been found empty broken on
Qt5 builds, now fixed.
- MIDI RPN/NRPN running status and RPN NULL reset command are now
supported (input only).
- Fixed a sure immediate crash on removing audio buses that are current
targets of any active Aux-send inserts.
- Fixed yet another old bummer that was reaping off assigned MIDI
controllers on existing track's gain/volume or panning controls, when
adding any single new track.
- Fixed missing feedback on MIDI controllers assigned to any of monitor,
record, mute and solo track/bus state buttons.
- Eye-candy warning: the current clip, not necessarily the one currently
selected, is now highlighted with a solid outline; linked MIDI clips are
also highlighted with an alternate dashed outline.
- SFZ file conversion, and bundling of the respective sample files, is
now supported when saving as zip/archive (*.qtz).
- Fixed track monitor, record, mute and solo dangling states, on
- Slight regression on the LV2 State Files abstract/relative file-path
mapping, trading QFileInfo::canonicalFilePath() for
QFileInfo::absoluteFilePath(), and thus skipping all symlink
dereferences in the process.
- Fixed a one first linking/ref-counting glitch, affecting recently
recorded MIDI clips which might have their initial clip length still
un-quantized to MIDI resolution (BBT).
- A brand new and discrete MIDI clip editor command tool has been added:
- Discretely fixed MIDI Controllers catch-up algorithm.
- Fixed a borderline mistake on plug-in parameter port index mapping to
its corresponding symbolic name, especially if newer plug-in versions
are loaded on older saved sessions.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 The QStuff* End of Summer'16 Release
 Vee One Suite 0.7.6 - The Eleventh beta release
Enjoy && Have (lots of) fun.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-dev mailing list