On 05.12.2017 17:21, Louigi Verona wrote:

I have to note you have no statistics, either, but of course that doesn't stop you. It's as if you would ask for a level of sobriety, factuality and precision that you yourself refuse to offer, while pretending otherwise.

I have reacted to the initial post because a person was claiming that because *a problem* on a Mac happened - that means that everything which is a Mac is now a problem.

For a person of such eloquence, it seems strange that your reading comprehension would fail you so terribly or that you would suddenly try your hardest to be the opposite of pedantic.

Jörn's post was an openly emotional reaction to a situation that came about because of a specific set of features that you get with an Apple laptop, if you want them, or not. It's a fact that there is a specific risk because of those features. So if you are that hell-bent on boiling it down, the statement would be: "There is a specific problem with every (since a certain generation) Apple laptop".

Anyway, ignoring the mood set with hyperbole like "... for I have sinned", going all pseudo-analytical instead, is rather tone-deaf.

I for one, consider the case interesting and the way it was brought forward entertaining. My thanks to Jörn, who doesn't deserve such persnicketiness!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/