On 10.12.2017 11:41, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:25:26 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Off-topic:

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:51:43 +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:
In case you did not notice from me and Rui, we Portuguese people like
to support as much stuff as possible :)
Not really. For example, record a few audio tracks with Qtractor using
a low frame size, while you mute several tracks to avoid xruns. Then
for mixing purpose increase the frame size and enable all tracks. Oops,
the already not that good latency compensation, gets a little bit more
out of sync, in relation to the MIDI tracks ;).
Do you claim that Portuguese people prefer quantity rather than quality
over quality rather than quantity?

You're getting really offtopic here, ignoring all the rest I said and only going for a minor joke in the post...

Anyway, latency compensation is likely the most complicated thing you can do as a plugin host / DAW.
afaik Ardour only now started a proper implementation of it.
A commercial major DAW I use from time to time only recently implemented it.

And quantity over quantity does not translate well into software.
For a host that supports LADSPA and OSC for example, implementing DSSI would be very easy because it reuses LADSPA and OSC directly. Often you only need to implement a format or specific extra feature once, and it stays there for a long time.
This is how the linux kernel can support so many devices.