Hi,

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:02:50 AM Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 01/31/2017 07:57 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > [1] which were a pain in the ass to untangle and debug during development,
> > it's really time for it to die..
>
> Outside of the patch series in question, how to we expedite the
> euthanasia of IDE? What explicit features/support are we missing through

When it comes to missing features/support there is still
number of non-x86 host drivers not ported to libata (I'm
slowly working on this as a side-task, any help would be
much appreciated).

> libata that would need to be added, before we can git rm drivers/ide/ ?

I was trying to start the removal with [1] last year but
it has been NAK-ed by DaveM who seems to want to keep
drivers/ide/ forever [2].

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/4/409
[2] https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/12/8/423

Best regards,