On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 17:02 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I don't really like this too much - this is too many SCSI specifics
> for the block layer to care.  Maybe using bios for the zone ops was a
> mistake after all, and we should just have operations in struct block_device
> instead..

blk_rq_accesses_medium() has nothing to do with SCSI. It is a reintroduction
of what REQ_TYPE_FS stood for before ZBC was introduced but with another name.
BTW, I think that all blk_rq_is_passthrough() callers have to be reviewed to
see whether or not !blk_rq_accesses_medium() is perhaps what was intended.

Bart.