Christoph Hellwig <h...@lst.de> writes:

> Meh, I remember why I gave up on it - to support queued trim passthrough
> we'd need to implement ATA 32 for the auxiliary fields and thus support
> 32-bit CDBs.  I don't really want to go there..

I wish we could stick with SATL. However, I have attempted this a few
times over the years and I am with Christoph here. Due to the
discrepancies between ACS and SBC it's a twisted mess. And the iterative
approach has not worked well for HBA SATLs either. Quite the contrary.

So I think sticking the DSM TRIM payload onto a SCSI command is the path
of least resistance. And then NAK'ing attempts to issue these commands
through sg.

I'll take closer look at the entire series tomorrow or Monday. I want to
test multiple ranges on my "Little Shop of SSD Horrors" when I get back
home from LSF/MM.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering