On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 08:08 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 03:52:46PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > Commit 6d247d7f71d1 ("block: allow specifying size for extra command
> > data") added support for .cmd_size to blk-sq. Due to that patch the
> > blk_mq_rq_{to,from}_pdu() functions are also useful for single-queue
> > block drivers. Hence remove "_mq" from the name of these functions.
> > This patch does not change any functionality. Most of this patch has
> > been generated by running the following shell command:
>
> I don't really see the point of this as it's primarily a blk-mq API
> and we still hope to get rid of the old code.  But I'm not necessarily
> against it either.

Hello Christoph,

I would like to introduce calls to these functions in several scsi-sq
functions. If I would do that without renaming these functions then anyone
who reads the code of these functions and sees calls to functions with a
blk_mq_ prefix could get really confused when trying to figure out whether
these functions are used by scsi-sq, scsi-mq or perhaps both.

Bart.