On 08/23/2017 10:12 AM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-08-05 at 14:56 +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
>> In Red Hat internal storage test wrt. blk-mq scheduler, we
>> found that I/O performance is much bad with mq-deadline, especially
>> about sequential I/O on some multi-queue SCSI devcies(lpfc, qla2xxx,
>> SRP...)
>
> Hello Ming and Jens,
>
> There may not be enough time left to reach agreement about the whole patch
> series before the kernel v4.14 merge window opens. How about focusing on
> patches 1..8 of this series for kernel v4.14 and revisiting the rest of this
> patch series later?

I was going to go over the series today with 4.14 in mind. Looks to me like
this should really be 2-3 patch series, that depend on each other. Might be
better for review purposes as well. So I'd agree with Bart - can we get this
split a bit and geared towards what we need for 4.14 at least, since it's
getting close. And some of the changes do make me somewhat nervous, they
need proper cooking time.

--
Jens Axboe