On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 08:33 -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 09/05/2017 08:19 AM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > Since gmane.org is no longer operational linux-block messages are no longer
> > archived. I think it's useful to archive linux-block messages because it
> > makes it possible to review past discussions, especially for people who are
> > not subscribed to the list. How about activating archival by
> > mail-archive.com
> > and spinics.net? As far as I know this can only be done by someone who is
> > list
> > administrator. But I don't know who the linux-block list administrator(s)
> > are?
>
> I always use marc.info:
>
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-block
>
> If we want to add it elsewhere, that's fine with me. I'm probably the admin,
> I was the one that asked for the list to be created.

Thanks Jens for the feedback. What I tried yesterday morning was to look up a
linux-block message by searching for its contents with a web search engine. That
search did not yield any results. Does this mean that messages on marc.info are
not indexed by Google? Is this a sufficient reason to let an additional web site
archive the linux-block messages?

Thanks,

Bart.