On 2017/9/6 下午11:46, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 09/06/2017 09:41 AM, Coly Li wrote:

>>> Next time, please send this _before_ the merge window opens. Not a huge
>>> problem for this series, since it has been posted numerous times in the
>>> past and already has good review coverage, but it really should have
>>> been in linux-next for a week or two before heading upstream.
>>>
>> Hi Jens,
>>
>> Copied, send patches _before_ merge window opens.
>>
>> But could you please to give me a hint, how can I find when a specific
>> merge window will open ? I search LKML, and see people send pull
>> requests for 4.14 merge window, but I don't see any announcement for
>> 4.14 merge window time slot.
>
> The merge window opens when Linus releases the previous kernel. So you
> have to try and keep track of when he expects to do that. That really
> isn't that difficult - Linus always cuts a release on Sundays. We always
> have 7 or 8 rc releases, so a good time to check is his mail on -rc6 or
> -rc7 release, that usually gives a good indication of when he expects to
> release the final.
>
> To keep things simple, if you always have things ready when -rc7 is
> released, then you are at least one week out from the merge window,
> possibly two if we end up doing an -rc8. That means you don't have to
> track anything, you know the exact date of when -rc7 is released since
> Linus's schedule is usually reliable.

Hi Jens,

Copied, I will follow the above rule in next cycle.

And I just post the last patch
(0013-bcache-initialize-stripe_sectors_dirty-correctly-for.patch) to you
for 4.14 cycle.

This patch is an important fix for bcache writeback rate calculation, it
is depended by another patch I sent to you
(0006-bcache-correct-cache_dirty_target-in-__update_writeb.patch),
please have it in 4.14.

Thanks in advance.

--
Coly Li