On Thu, 2017-09-14 at 01:48 +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> No, that patch only changes blk_insert_cloned_request() which is used
> by dm-rq(mpath) only, nothing to do with the reported issue during
> suspend and sending SCSI Domain validation.

There may be other ways to fix the SCSI domain validation code.

Regarding the hang during resume: I have not been able to reproduce that
hang with Jens' latest for-next branch. If that hang would turn out not to
be reproducible with v4.13-rc1, why to change the behavior of the block
layer with regard to PREEMPT requests?

Bart.