On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 16:13 +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> I am pretty sure that suspend/resume can survive when resync in progress
> with my patchset applied on RAID1, without any MD change.

The above shows that you do not understand how suspend and resume works.
In the documents in the directory Documentation/power it is explained clearly
that I/O must be stopped before the hibernation image is generation to avoid
hard to repair filesystem corruption. Although md is not a filesystem I think
this also applies to md since md keeps some state information in RAM and some
state information on disk. It is essential that all that state information is
in consistent.

> If your patchset depends on this MD change, something should be wrong
> in the following patches. Now I need to take a close look.

The later patches that make SCSI quiesce and resume safe do not depend on
this change.

Bart.