On 12/15/2017 08:30 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 22:02:20 +0800,
  weiping zhang <zwp10...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, please help reproduce this issue include my debug patch. Reproduce means
we can see WARN_ON in device_add_disk caused by failure of bdi_register_owner.

I'm not sure why yet, but I'm only getting the warning message you want with
Fedora kernels, not the ones I am building (with or without your test patch).
I'll attach a debug config file if you want to look there. But in theory that
should be essentially what Fedora is using for theirs. They probably have some
out of tree patches they are applying, but I wouldn't expect those to make a
difference here. I think they now have a tree somewhere that I can try to build
from that has their patches applied to the upstream kernel and if I can find it
I will try building it just to test this out.

I only have about 6 hours of physical access to the machine exhibiting the
problem, and after that I won't be able to do test boots until Monday.

You can see the trees Fedora produces at
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwboyer/fedora.git
which includes the configs (you want to look at the ones withtout - debug)