On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 19:38 +0100, Paolo Valente wrote:
> as a first attempt, I've followed your steps, but got:
> Error: could not find sg_reset

Please install the sg3_utils package. Every Linux distro I know of supports that
package. And in case you would like to install it from source, the source code
of
that package is available from http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html.

> For ib_srp-backport, I get a lot of warnings like the following one,
> at "make install" (preceded by corresponding warnings at the end of
> the compilation):
> depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.16.0-rc1+/extra/ib_srp.ko needs unknown
> symbol rdma_resolve_addr
>
> Unfortunately, it gets worse while executing "make scst srpt":

Please neither install the ib_srp-backport driver nor SCST. These drivers have
not yet been tested against kernel v4.16-rc1. I provided you a kernel tree in
which both the SRP initiator and target drivers support RoCE such that you don't
need to install these out-of-tree drivers. I think all that you need from the
srp-test README document are the instructions to configure /etc/multipath.conf
and the instructions for installing the required packages. From that README
document:

Install the following software packages if these have not yet been installed:
fio, gcc-c++, make, multipath-tools or device-mapper-multipath, sg3_utils,
srptools, e2fsprogs and xfsprogs.

Thanks,

Bart.