> Il giorno 13 feb 2018, alle ore 19:47, Bart Van Assche
> <bart.vanass...@wdc.com> ha scritto:
>
> On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 19:38 +0100, Paolo Valente wrote:
>> as a first attempt, I've followed your steps, but got:
>> Error: could not find sg_reset
>
> Please install the sg3_utils package. Every Linux distro I know of supports
> that
> package.

I happened to do this test on a Fedora.

> And in case you would like to install it from source, the source code of
> that package is available from http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html.
>
>> For ib_srp-backport, I get a lot of warnings like the following one,
>> at "make install" (preceded by corresponding warnings at the end of
>> the compilation):
>> depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.16.0-rc1+/extra/ib_srp.ko needs unknown
>> symbol rdma_resolve_addr
>>
>> Unfortunately, it gets worse while executing "make scst srpt":
>
> Please neither install the ib_srp-backport driver nor SCST. These drivers have
> not yet been tested against kernel v4.16-rc1. I provided you a kernel tree in
> which both the SRP initiator and target drivers support RoCE such that you
> don't
> need to install these out-of-tree drivers. I think all that you need from the
> srp-test README document are the instructions to configure /etc/multipath.conf
> and the instructions for installing the required packages. From that README
> document:
>
> Install the following software packages if these have not yet been installed:
> fio, gcc-c++, make, multipath-tools or device-mapper-multipath, sg3_utils,
> srptools, e2fsprogs and xfsprogs.

Thank you very much for these instructions Bart.

After following all of them (and taking some other step needed), I
invoked:
sudo ./run_tests -c -d -r 10 -t 02-mq -e bfq

But I got the following:
./lib/functions: riga 34: /sys/class/block/ram0/size: No such file or directory
./lib/functions: riga 34: * 512: errore di sintassi: atteso un operando (il
token dell'errore รจ "* 512")
Unloaded the ib_srpt kernel module
Unloaded the rdma_rxe kernel module
modprobe: FATAL: Module ib_uverbs not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.16.0-rc1+
modprobe: FATAL: Module ib_umad not found in directory /lib/modules/4.16.0-rc1+
SoftRoCE network interfaces: rxe0
modprobe: FATAL: Module target_core_iblock not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.16.0-rc1+

So I think I need a little more help, to have this working in a
reasonable amount of time.  In particular, could you tell me all what
is missing?

Thanks,
Paolo