On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 01:26 -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 08:53:49AM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> > Why don't you fold the 'flags' argument into the 'gfp_flags', and drop
> > the 'flags' argument completely?
> > Looks a bit pointless to me, having two arguments denoting basically
> > the same ...
>
> Wrong way around.  gfp_flags doesn't really make much sense in this
> context.  We just want the plain flags argument, including a non-block
> flag for it.

Hello Christoph and Hannes,

Today sparse verifies whether or not gfp_t and blk_mq_req_t flags are not
mixed with other flags. Combining these two types of flags into a single
bit pattern would require some ugly casts to avoid that sparse complains
about combining these flags into a single bit pattern.

Bart.