> Hi Junhui,
>
> This method is complicated IMHO.
The main idea of this patch is:

                GC thread
allocator thread
==>triggered by sectors_to_gc
   set ca->prepare_gc to GC_PREPARING
   to notify allocator thread to
   prepare for GC                                       ==>detect
ca->prepare_gc is

GC_PREPARING, fill the

go to invalidate_buckets(),
==>waiting for allocator                                and fill free_inc queue
with
   thread to prepare over                               reclaimable buckets,
after

that, set ca->prepare_gc to

GC_PREPARED to notify GC

thread being prepared OK
==>detect ca->prepare_gc is
   prepared OK, set
   ca->prepare_gc back to
   GC_PREPARE_NONE, and continue GC

> Why not in bch_allocator_thread()
> simple call wake_up_gc(ca->set) after invalidate_buckets() ?
In this patch, GC is triggered by sectors_to_gc, and I/Os from front side
continue exist, so we notify allocator to pack the free_inc queue
full of buckets before GC, then we could have enough buckets for front side
I/Os during GC period.

Maybe the code is somewhat redundant, I will try to refactoring the code
in the next patch.

Thanks.
Tang Junhui