On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 07:06:41PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> > before bio_alloc_pages) that can be switched to something that just creates
> > single bvec.
>
> Yes, multipage bvec shouldn't break any driver or fs.

It probably isn't broken, at least I didn't see assumptions of the same
number of segments.  However the current poking into the bio internals as
a bad idea for a couple of reasons.  First because it requires touching
bcache for any of these changes, second because it won't get merging of
pages into a single bio segment for bіos built by bch_bio_map or
bch_bio_alloc_pages, and third bcache is the last user of
bio_for_each_chunk_all in your branch, which I'd like to kill off to
keep the number of iterators down.