On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 08:13:14AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
> This saves an indirect function call everytime we have to
> call one of the strategy functions. We keep it const, and just
> hack around that a bit in blk_mq_init_allocated_queue(), which
> is where we copy the ops in.

What amount of difference does this patch make?

This really defeats the whole constification, which doesn't hinge
on the const attribute itself, but on having the static ops in
a read-only mapped section.  So unless it is a real measurable
and big enough difference I'm against this patch, and if there is
a real an measurable difference we might have to find other ways
to archive this goal.