2019年8月25日(日) 0:53 Jacek Anaszewski <jacek.anaszew...@gmail.com>:

> On 8/23/19 6:00 PM, Akinobu Mita wrote:
> > 2019年8月20日(火) 3:38 Jacek Anaszewski <jacek.anaszew...@gmail.com>:

> >> I must withdraw this statement. This is not similar to usbport
> >> trigger. The difference is that with ledtrig-block we have separate
> >> triggers per each device and I am not aware if there is some centralized
> >> mechanism similar to blocking_notifier_chain (usb_notifier_list
> >> in drivers/usb/core/notify.c) available for block devices, that
> >> would allow to gather all available block devs under common trigger.
> >>
> >> Moreover I remember Greg once discouraged using notifier chains
> >> as they are unsafe, so we would need some other solution anyway.
> >
> > I start thinking that we should implement the LED block device activity
> > trigger in userspace.  The userspace application firstly activates
> > one-shot LED trigger and periodically reads /sys/block/<disk>/stat and
> > writes /sys/class/leds/<led>/shot if there is any disk activity.
>
> This would suboptimal solution. I have another idea - let's get back
> to the implementation of ledtrig-blk in genhd.c. We would be registering
> one trigger on module initialization in a function with __init modifier.
> Then we would need to add/remove triggers to the ledtrig-blk in
> register_blkdev()/unregister_blkdev(). And registered triggers would
> be listed in block_devs directory created by the trigger.
>
> You can compare how drivers/usb/core/ledtrig-usbport.c maintains
> similar directory of usb ports.

It could be possible, but I have yet another idea.  What about introducing
/proc/led-triggers and /sys/class/leds/<led>/current-trigger?
The /sys/class/leds/<led>/trigger will be obsoleted by these two files.

The /proc/led-triggers is read only and no PAGE_SIZE limitation by the
seq_file interface.  So we can list all triggers in this file.

The /sys/class/leds/<led>/current-trigger is almost identical to
/sys/class/leds/<led>/trigger.  The only difference is that
'current-trigger' only shows the current trigger name.