On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, David Sterba wrote:

> As a user of the allocator interface in filesystem, I'd like to see a
> more generic way to address the alignment guarantees so we don't have to
> apply workarounds like 3acd48507dc43eeeb each time we find that we
> missed something. (Where 'missed' might be another sort of weird memory
> corruption hard to trigger.)

The alignment guarantees are clearly documented and objects are misaligned
in debugging kernels.

Looking at 3acd48507dc43eeeb:Looks like no one tested that patch with a
debug kernel or full debugging on until it hit mainline. Not good.

The consequence for the lack of proper testing is to make the production
kernel contain the debug measures?