On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Stephan von Krawczynski
<sk...@ithnet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:38:57 -0400
> Chris Mason <chris.ma...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> The short answer from my point of view is yes.  This doesn't really
>> change the motivations for working on btrfs or the problems we're trying
>> to solve.
>
> ... which sounds logical to me. From looking at the project for a while one
> can see you are trying to solve problems that are not really linux' ones...

Even so, I certainly hope that btrfs end up at least as reliable and
feature-complete as ZFS, if ZFS itself cannot be merged into Linux.
That's a big ask, but now that ZFS' IP has been imported into Oracle,
perhaps a lot of patent and copyright issues can be smoothed over,
giving btrfs a huge advantage relative to what it had before the
acquisition.

--
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science