On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 01:09 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Jens Axboe wrote:
>
> >> I'm able to mount the filesystem by using /dev/sdb4:
> >>
> >> # mount /dev/sdb4 /mnt/btrfs/
> >>
> >> After which I can unmount it, and use /dev/sda4 to mount the filesystem:
> >>
> >> # umount /dev/sdb4
> >> # mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/btrfs/
> >
> > Try btrfsctl -a first.
>
> It seems to do the trick.
>
> I suppose longer term, doing "btrfsctl -a" before mounting a (RAID)
> btrfs filesystem shouldn't be needed, or?

Shorter term, writing a udev rule along the lines of

ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="btrfs", RUN+="/sbin/btrfsctl -A %N"

(put it in /etc/udev/rules.d/64-btrfs-scan.rules or so) will cause your
btrfs to be scanned when found. Possibly something like this could be
distributed with btrfsprogs?

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.wal...@gmail.com>