On a single disk btrfs setup, such as for a desktop computer, what are
the implecations of creating your btrfs partition with '-m single'?

At first, I assumed I would want a single disk desktop setup to be
configured as 'single'.  But that may not be the case for metadata.

I see that the default is for metadata duplication in a single disk scenario.

Is duplication of the metadata important for recovery from common
desktop user problems such as power interruption?