On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Chris Mason <chris.ma...@oracle.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 10:45:00PM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:

>> > In the resize ioctl you can pass a device number, something like 2:max,
>> > which allows you to say make device #2 the full size of the device.
>> >
>> > btrfs-show can be used to find the correct device number for a given
>> > disk.  We don't use the device name because the scan might have found a
>> > different device name to tie into the FS.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chris
>>
>> Before comments this issues. I first explain why this feature implemented.
>>
>> As you know, we implement the build image from some specific
>> directory. the size is maybe small than designed devices. e.g., build
>> image got the 400MiB but real device size has more the 8GiB.
>> after program the btrfs image, then it will be expanded at first boot only.
>
> Yes, and this makes a lot of sense to me.  I can see how the patch fits
> your usage and that you don't need the extra flag to pick a device on
> mounting.
>

>> Initial draft design is that add the some flag at build image. then it
>> checks it at first mount time. and expand to device size.
>> But after some study we know that btrfs supports resize feature. So we
>> implement it as patch.
>> Anyway that's our requirement.
>>
>> as you provided usage, can you use the ioctl to achieve this
>> requirement? if not, we need to another method.
>
> Yes, the ioctl can currently pick a device to resize.  In your case,
> there will only be one device and this isn't an issue.  But, I'd like to
> see parity between what the mount option can do and what the ioctl can
> do, just so we are a little more consistent.

Then when call the ioctl? in the phone. the boot script is almost
fixed. and not easy to check first boot.
Mr. Kim said the check real size happen every time at mount if apply
patch. but it don't take time if it's already expanded. I think ioctl
has also same problem. if we use this method.
I don't want to call ioctl at every boot time. does it just my hope?

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park