On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Chris Ball <c...@laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   > can anyone point me in the right direction?  it looks like maybe
>   > the SSD is failing to me (all the "slow link" and "capacity
>   > changed to 0" stuff), but i really don't know.  i knew there was
>   > a reason they were selling these things cheap on Newegg!!!
>
> Yes, the read errors are coming all the way up from the hardware;
> I don't think this is a btrfs problem.
>
> There's not much btrfs could do to help, except (over time) grow
> to handle I/O errors without BUG()ing out.

hmm, i'll have to keep playing with it i guess.  /dev/sda1 is a ext2
boot partition; i tar + ssh'ed that several times to my other machine
without problems... i thought it would trip an issue if it really was
hardware, but it didn't, even after 30+ times.

i'll try to reinstall i guess, unless anyone has other input.  i'll
probably just have to ask ASUS to replace it, because i don't think
i've even had it 6mo yet...

>:-O

thanks,

C Anthony