A friend of mine who builds storage systems designed for HPC
use has been keeping an eye on btrfs and has just done some
testing of it with 2.6.36 and seems to like what he sees in
terms of stability.

http://scalability.org/?p=2711

# But it passed our stability test. 100 iterations (3.2TB
# written/read in all and compared to checksums) of the
# following fio test case.
[...]
# This is our baseline test. Failing RAIDs, failing drives,
# failing SSDs tend not to pass this test. Borked file systems
# tend not to pass this test. When something passes this test,
# again and again (3rd time we’ve run it), and does so without
# fail, we call it safe.

He has concerns about performance, but he's more interested
in reliability in these tests.

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP