2011-07-09 08:09:55 +0100, Stephane Chazelas:
> 2011-07-08 16:12:28 -0400, Chris Mason:
> [...]
> > > I'm running a "dstat -df" at the same time and I'm seeing
> > > substantive amount of disk writes on the disks that hold the
> > > source FS (and I'm rsyncing from read-only snapshot subvolumes
> > > in case you're thinking of atimes) almost more than onto the
> > > drive holding the target FS!?
[...]

One thing I didn't mention is that before doing the rsync, I
deleted a few snapshot volumes (those were read-only snapshots
of read-only snapshots) and recreated them and that's the ones
I'm rsyncing from (basically, I prepare an area to be rsynced
made of the latests snapshots of a few subvolumes).

--
Stephane