On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 04:44 -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> Oh, the dirty little secret of loop devices is they don't actually write
> things to disk properly.   They are not power off safe.  But you can
> trigger this without a loop device, correct?

Yes. I would have liked to reproduce it last night and show it to you
this morning, and that way I'd double-check that it really is the *same*
BUG(). But certainly I thought it was a few weeks ago when I looked, and
the bit about having to reboot into 2.6.38 before I can boot 3.0 is
*definitely* the same.

> The oops were hitting is a -EEXIST on trying to insert the directory
> entry for the inode back ref, but the tree-logging stuff is already
> trying to check for dups.
>
> I'll take a look.

Thanks. I'll *try* to make it happen again, but I haven't managed it so
far... and no, I haven't updated my kernel; this is the *same* kernel
that was doing it before.