Dave,

 good to have a test case on the 3.0 kernel.  do you have btrfs as
 root fs ? and
 can you show how are you using the btrfs mainly I would need
 'btrfs fi show' let me try if I can reproduce.

Thanks, Anand

I've been simply living with this issue.  I can reproduce it by rsyncing very
large files to a btrfs volume.  My entire desktop will freeze for up to three
minutes and no amount of nice/ionice can temper this.

Once I've finished the rsync certain apps will periodically hang (Firefox in
particular).  This behavior goes away after a reboot.

I'm running kernel version 3.0.