Il 18/09/2011 09:29, Jeff Liu ha scritto:
Hi Andreas and Andi,

Thanks for your comments.

On 09/18/2011 09:46 AM, Andi Kleen wrote:

with an additional improvement if the offset is larger or equal to the
file size, return -ENXIO in directly:

                if (offset>= inode->i_size) {
                        mutex_unlock(&inode->i_mutex);
                        return -ENXIO;
                }

Except that is wrong, because it would then be impossible to write sparse files.

Per my tryout, except that, if the offset>= source file size, call
lseek(fd, offset, SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE) against Btrfs will always return
the total file size rather than -ENXIO.  however, our desired result it
-ENXIO in this case, Am I right?

Yes, ENXIO should be the operation result.