On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 01:24:57AM +0100, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
>> On 02-06-11 01:20, Hugo Mills wrote:
>> >    Unless the traffic gets too high-volume, or unless someone
>> >important objects, I'm going to suggest that bug reports should go to
>> >this list for now (cc'd me, if you like). Note that this isn't an
>> >"offical" btrfs project -- it's just something I knocked together on
>> >my own.
>>

>> I seem to have stumbled upon a bug.
>> During install, Ubuntu gives the user the option to use btrfs as the
>> root filesystem. It automatically creates two subvolumes, @ (for /)
>> and @home (for /home, only if no other partition is used for /home),
>> like this:
>>
>> mount | grep btrfs
>> /dev/sda6 on / type btrfs (rw,subvol=@)
>> /dev/sda6 on /home type btrfs (rw,subvol=@home)
>> /dev/sda6 on
>> /tmp/btrfs-gui-kl6zx1/12624/eba4f1e9-5b55-4e14-abb8-5a3cf3625c56
>> type btrfs (rw,subvolid=0)
>>
>> When gtrfs-gui scans for filesystems, it gives the error
>> Root helper exception: b'@' is not JSON serializable
> [snip]
>
>   Mmm... That could be fun. :)
>
>   Thanks for the bug report. I hope I'll have time to look into this
> next week.

Looks like a unicode screwup; python 3 doesn't do implicit unicode
conversions anymore, so passing a bytestring to the json module isn't
supported.  The solution will be something along the lines of
"subvol.decode('ascii')" (or possibly utf-8 if you're willing to
silently break on the admittedly obscure case of a non-ascii subvolume
name in an installation using an encoding other than utf-8).