On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote:
> Another possibility I *think* is that you could try 3.1 with
> Chris Mason's for-linus git branch pulled into it.  Hopefully
> someone who knows the procedure better than I can correct me
> on this! :-)

My method is:
- use 3.1.1 (latest stable at the time I was compiling it), compiie
btrfs as module
- use only fs/btrfs directory from Chris' for-linus tree, compile the
module externally (make -C /lib/modules/`pwd`/build M=$(pwd) modules)
- put the resulting btrfs.ko on /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/manual/
- depmod -a
- verify the new module is selected by default (modinfo btrfs)
- rebuild initrd
- reboot

--
Fajar