On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 09:22:06PM -0500, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

On 11/23/2011 09:05 PM, David Brown wrote:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 07:35:34PM -0500, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
As part of the effort to eliminate BUG_ON as an error handling
technique, we need to determine which errors are actual logic
errors, which are on-disk corruption, and which are normal
runtime errors e.g. -ENOMEM.

Annotating these error cases is helpful to understand and report
them.

This patch adds a btrfs_panic() routine that will either panic or
BUG depending on the new -ofatal_errors={panic,bug} mount
option. Since there are still so many BUG_ONs, it defaults to BUG
for now but I expect that to change once the error handling
effort has made significant progress.

Any reason all of the commit text is indented in this series?

Our internal patches have a bunch of RFC822-style headers associated
with them. For me, indenting the body is a style thing. I like having
the body appear separate from the headers.

Probably best not to, it makes them inconsistent with the rest of the
kernel's history when imported into git.  The body becomes the commit
text directly.

David